- Subject to the provisions contained in section (5) of the Jharkhand State Universities Act, 2000, amended till date, and also subject to the students having passed such entrance examination as may be conducted by the University or such other examinations as may be recognized by the University with such conditions as the University may prescribe for the purpose of admission for a course of study in any institution under the university, the admission to undergraduate (inclusive of Intermediate Classes) and Post-Graduates shall be strictly in accordance with the merit of students. However, guidelines regarding reservation will be taken into account.
- The condition for admission to the U.G. and P.G. courses in the faculties of Humanities, Social Science, Commerce and Science shall be as follows:
- i (a) 85% seats in Science/Commerce/Humanities and Social Science shall be filled up from and amongst the students belonging to the territorial jurisdiction of Vinoba Bhave University that is the North Chhotanagpur division. Belonging to the territorial jurisdiction would mean that the student has passed qualifying examination from an institution located within this jurisdiction.
(b) Selection for the remaining 15% seats will be made on the basis of open for all i.e., Vinoba Bahve University as well as other Universities students on merit.
- ii) Apart from those who qualify on the basis of merit, reservation in admission to the tune of following be followed. In the reservation category also, admission will be made on merit basis.
- OBC – 26%, Sc – 10%, S.T – 14%
- The cut off marks for admission under this head shall be the minimum Pass marks at the lower examination or the minimum qualifying marks for admission as prescribed by regulations for the course.
(The benefit of the reservations shall be available only to the students of those families whose annual income does not exceed the amount exempted from Income Tax or otherwise defined by the state Govt. A certificate from the employer/competent Revenue Officer must be produced to be considered under these categories). Reservation in admission is subject to be changed provided reservation rule and a criterion is changed by VBU / Jharkhand Govt. iii) A weight age of 5 / 7% marks shall be given to the teachers/ employee’s wards belonging to the institution/ the wards/ of the University. Employees subject to the condition that it should not exceed 10% of the total number of seats. (Wards would means/sons / daughters/ husband/ wife/ dependent brothers and sisters (not cousins) and the benefit of this shall be awarded strictly on production of a certificate by the teachers/ employee duly countersigned by the Head of the Institution/ the Registrar)
- iv) A weight age of 3% marks shall be given to the girl students.
- v) The NCC cadets holding C’ certificate be given weight age of 5% marks over and above the marks obtained in their respective examination and 2% weight age to B” certificate holders in matter of admission to the degree, P.G. Courses.
B (i) 3% seats in each under graduate course shall be reserved for outstanding sports men which will be filled up on the recommendation of sports/Athletic Committee of the College concerned on the basis of State/Inter University level participation of the student or on the basis of tests taken by a committee of at least three experts, to be nominated by the Principal.
- ii) The Principal is authorized to admit the wife/ son/ daughter of Military personnel posted in the territorial jurisdiction of Vinoba Bhave University or of the Military Personnel domiciled in the jurisdiction and keeping his family at home in addition to regular sanctioned number of seats.
iii) The Principal is authorized to admit physically handicapped students in UG classes in addition to regular sanctioned number of seats.(In case of ii & iii above the Principal will have to intimate to the Registrar the number and the particulars of such admission within thirty days from the closing of admission, for purpose of the Vice-Chancellor’s approval. However, one year’s approval will not set the precedence for other years)
- i) No student shall be admitted to an Hons-Course who does not have the minimum qualifying marks (45%) as laid down in the Regulations for three Year Degree-Courses.
- ii) The above mentioned criteria of reservation and weight age shall apply for the Hons Course.
iii) A student shall be eligible for admission to B.A. Hons course in any subject even though he has not studied the subject concerned at the Intermediate Stage if he has passed the Intermediate Examination in Science or Commerce with not less than 45% marks in the aggregate. It won’t be applicable in case of Math, Geography & English.
- iv) A student may be admitted to the Course of Instructions for the degree of Bachelor of Commerce (General) if he has passed the Intermediate Examination in Commerce of a Board/ University established or incorporated by law or any other Examination recognized by the University or equivalent thereto. Provided that a Student who has passed the Intermediate Examination in Arts or Science shall also be eligible for admission to the Bachelor of Commerce (General) Course if he has obtained a minimum of 45% marks in the aggregate at the I.A. or I.SC. Examination.
- v) A student may be admitted to the Course of Instruction for the degree of Bachelor of Commerce (Hons) if he has passed the Intermediate Examination in Commerce of a Board/ University established or incorporated by law or any other examination recognized by the University as equivalent there to obtaining not less than 45% marks in the Commerce subject/ Group of Subjects. Provided that a student who has passed the Intermediate Examination in Science shall also be eligible for admission to the Bachelor of Commerce (Hons) & Arts (Hons.) Course if he has obtained a minimum of 45% marks in the aggregate at the I.ScC Examination.