BACHELOR OF ARTS (GENERAL/HONOURS):-
- DURATION: 3 Academic years consisting of three parts I, II & III.
- QUALIFICATIONS FOR ADMISSION:
A Student who has passed the intermediate of +2 Examination of a Board/University of from any recognized institution is eligible for admission to B.A (General/ Hons) Part I course keeping in the view of following provisions:
- For offering Hons in a subject the student must have obtained at least 45% marks in the subject concerned or in an allied subject at intermediate level.
- A Student of Science/ Commerce who desires to change his faculty and wants to pursue B.A Part – I Hons course can do so only if he/she has obtained not less than 45% marks in aggregate. Provided that a candidate shall not choose (a) Mathematics unless he has passes I.SC Exams in Math and Secured 45% marks and (b) English unless he has passed I.SC/ I.Com Exam in English and secured 45% marks.
- A Student of Science/ Commerce who desires to change his faculty and wants no pursue B.A (General) Part – I course can do so only if he/she has obtained not less than 45% marks in aggregate.
For B.A (Hons) Course: A student should choose one subject as hons and two subjects as subsidiary from the following list.
- Subjects taught
- Political Sc
- Home Sci
The Bachelor of Arts (General/Hons) course covers a period of three academic years and is known in the first year of study as the B.A. (Gen/Hons) Part – I, in the second year of study as the B.A (Gen/Hons) Part – II Course and third year of study as the BA (Gen/Hons) Part III Course.
For details about the rules and regulations guiding the Bachelor of Arts Hons/General Course please refer to the courses of study published by Vinoba Bhave University, Hazaribag from time to time.
Besides the above choice, a candidate has to choose either
- Or (b) from languages in part – I and Part – II
- Hindi or (b) Hindi and one of the following languages:
- Bengali, Urdu, English